21 January 2009

Wings

As a child I learned to fly in my sleep. I spent a great deal of my attention during the day working out my fight plan for the pending nights flight. Hours went by as I practiced going fast, diving, gliding and lifting off. I did not know I was consciously being awake during my sleep. To me, it seemed it was a matter of creating the right conditions or circumstance. If you had to call it dreaming and knowing it was possible to create your dream in advance was not possible to create the dreaming when awake?

I have seen a great deal of death, people, animals, what have you. Many times I have held the body as it changes from alive to not alive. I witness the shift of awareness from in the body to without. I have come to believe this body we have is the dream and when we are without it we are awake and we can fly.

This past week my relation left the body, my friends relations left the body, the bird in the yard left the body. Only now can all three truly fly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rhett, you went very deep here. Thanks for sharing such beauty with us.

Just the other day I had been talking to Lonnie Lane about a wings. I see your beautiful post as a good sign. If you know Lonnie, please ask him about the vision that I shared. You will appreciate it.

Anyhow, May your days be blessed with beautiful wings and much joy!

Yours,
Doug